Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 2 (over)Done

The good news is that I finished week 2 strong. I did a full 3.1 miles on the treadmill on Saturday and finished in 57:15. My goal is under an hour, so that was fine. I know I can walk faster on the ground than I can on the treadmill because I'm just a bit scared of falling on the treadmill. I even did some 4 mph runs, which is definitely as fast as I have ever gone.

The bad news is that my right shin is now a mess. It hurts. Thank goodness I work in a Physical Therapy school and can get some advice.

I am supposed to run tomorrow, but I may bike instead. Still working, just a little less load-bearing. I'm going to sit down and do a good stretch tonight--icing and stretching helped me last night quite a bit. I need to remember to stretch my calves and shins before I get on the treadmill. Those days hurt less.

No comments:

Post a Comment