Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The journey of a thousand miles...

starts with a single step, or so they say.

My journey of 3.1 miles began in my basement with a lot of swearing.

I'm doing my first 5K in September. I began training yesterday. Couch to 5K swears I can be ready. I know I can be ready if I put my stubborn mind to it.

The treadmill in our basement is finicky, so I think I went too fast the first couple of run segments, resulting in a lot of shin pain and the previously mentioned swearing. Once I got that under control, I was good. The last couple of weeks I will have a chance to get back to Wellworks and if the temperature ever drops below 90, I'll do some test runs outside as well.

Right now I just want to run more than 1 minute without feeling like I am going to die.

I can do this. I have to do this. I can't stay this heavy, unless I want to join the diabetics in my family. I owe it to my kids to hang around and be healthy. I owe it to myself.

Now if I could just figure out how to knit and run at the same time... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment