My shins! My Shins! My shins are on fire...
I have discovered that I am, at least for now, just meant to be a slow runner. Anytime I tried to go above 3 mph on my treadmill (I'm not sure the speedometer is accurate, I really do think I was going faster than that), my shins would burn. As soon as I scaled back, I was fine.
So I may not be setting any land-speed records in my 5K. But finishing is better than not and running slow is better than sitting on my butt.
On that note, I am reading a good book called No Need for Speed. It's all about becoming a runner and not worrying about times and coming in first. Finishing the race is better than not racing at all.
And isn't that what it's all about? The journey. It's about getting fit and healthy, even if it takes me all damn day. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment