Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 1 DONE!

Yay me!

Finished off the first week of training with my last week one run/walk.

I downloaded the podcasts from http://runningintoshape.com/ and it was fun. The time went faster because I wasn't busy staring at the clock, trying to do the math on whether or  not it is time for me to run or not. I finished up with a 2:30 minute run, just to see if I could.

Shins were yelling at me a little on run #2, but I slowed down a little and they were fine. I'm trying not to focus on time or distance just yet. I need to learn how to run first. I am glad that I work for a Physical Therapy school, though, just in case. I have access to some great PTs if I need them.

David was going to the store last night and I had him grab me a bag of M&Ms just out of habit. I ate them, but they totally weren't worth it. And anyone who knows how much I love M&Ms knows how odd it is for me to say that.

I'm planning to do some yoga tonight and maybe a walk with the doggies tonight and/or tomorrow. Who is this chick? I didn't do anything yesterday because I got distracted by yarn-related projects.

Finishing up week 1 with a passage from the Book of Bieber:

"I never thought that I could feel this power
I never thought that I could feel this free
I'm strong enough to climb the highest tower
And I'm fast enough to run across the sea"

No comments:

Post a Comment