Got my second training run in last night. Was AWESOME.
I spent some time reading up on how to avoid shin splints (a problem since my High school cheerleading days) and about good form. I ran slowly (very slowly) and focused on landing on the right part of the foot and I felt pretty good. My legs feel really good today...I can tell I worked out, but I'm not sore.
A yoga day today, plus we got Kyle's room cleaned up and I think we might take the dogs for a walk later on today. I'm amazed already at how much better I feel and how much better I have slept the last couple of nights. I don't know why I'm amazed, I always feel better when I work out and eat right, but I get sidetracked now and then.
My first official weigh-in will be Monday, but the scale this morning has me down 1 1/2 pounds this week. I have 30 that I want/need to get off, so I'll take that.
I'm wishing I had a smartphone and a state-of-the-art treadmill, but I'm managing just fine. David is going to run the 5K with me, although I've already told him he doesn't have to stick with me.
Here's another scary thing, I'm already thinking about the "next' 5K. lol There is another one locally in October. I don't think I'll ever be a marathoner, but I can see some 5Ks in my future if everything keeps going like it is now.
No comments:
Post a Comment